Saturday, October 20, 2007

Favorite Fruita Rides, Prime Cut to Joe's Ridge to Kessel Run

I thought I'd start adding some of my favorite rides, using MapMyRide, which allows you to view the trails in Google Earth or export them to a GPS.

This one, which starts in the Bookcliffs Parking lot North of town, is one of my all time favorites. It's not a tough ride, the climb is moderate, but it has a huge downhill payoff. Joe's is one takes you along a sharp ridge and has awesome views and fun downhill, and Kessel follows the bottom of a dry creekbed - it's like a roller coaster - pedaling optional, and a total blast.



Here's a great picture of Joe's Ridge - with my brother Mike on his way down.
Tell me that singletrack doesn't look like a blast. Go ahead. Try and deny it.



Here's the ride in MapMyRide.

No comments: